Игровые Форумы - Показать сообщение отдельно - Work on the English Translation...
Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 23.07.2008, 06:09   #5
Геймер Новичок

Отсутствует :(

SeadogX - I understand that good sir, but if you can get the general info that makes for the important parts of the translation, it is easy enough to re-build the text into something that makes sense to an english speaking player AND can maintain the original spirit of the story.

Example:
Original Russian:
Подумать только, вчера у меня было все: свое судно, корабль, уважение и почёт. . ., но сегодня судьба бросает мне испытание. Вчера Я попал в ужасный шторм, мой корабль чудом уцелел. И все бы ничего, если бы не эти англичане, Я наткнулся на своем израненном штормом корвете на два английских судна. Хм, и вот Я в неволе, нужно выбираться из этой дыры и побыстрее. . .

Initial English Translation(Provided by Google):
Consider only yesterday I had everything: his ship, boat, dignity and honour. . . But today the fate throws me a test. Yesterday I hit the terrible storm, my ship miraculously survived. And all would be nothing if not for these Englishmen, I stumbled upon on his wounded by storm in two British corvette ship. Hr, and here I am in captivity, have to choose from this hole and quickly. . .

My final translation:

Only yesterday, I had everything a captain could want, a ship, the open sea, dignity and honor...But today fickle fate put me to the test. First the incredible storm which near tore the sheets from our masts and left our vessel limping slowly for port, then the English corvettes, two of them over-taking us with ease and putting crew and myself in chains...I must escape this hell-hole, and quickly...

So did I do a decent enough translation, or is that crap?

LordDrow