Work on the English Translation... - Игровые Форумы

Игровые Форумы > Проекты BestGamer > Корсары III: Тайны Дальних Морей > English version
-- Work on the English Translation...
Ответ

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 21.07.2008, 05:14   #1
Геймер Новичок

Отсутствует :(

По умолчанию Work on the English Translation...

Has the work on the english language translation of your mods come to a halt, or is it still in production currently?
I really love what you folks have done with Age of Pirates/Corsairs and would love to have a chance to play your mods all the way to the end.

Thanks!

LordDrow
Старый 21.07.2008, 10:46   #2
BGTeam

now we don't work on the english version... we do russian version 1.0.
After that version 1.0 will be ready we will be do english version, but we need people who know english and russian language.

Старый 22.07.2008, 04:53   #3
Геймер Новичок

Well I don't speak Russian, but I'm willing to do the best I can using the translation tools I have at hand.
If I can be kept up to date on fixes, additions and modifications to the mods, I'm more than willing to help all I can.
My biggest worry is making sure that the translations I do not only sound good in english, but maintain the stories that your writers are telling.
Thanks for any help you can give, and as I get snippets of stuff translated, I'll post them here for you folks to let me know if they read well or are crap.

Thanks!

LordDrow
Старый 22.07.2008, 16:16   #4
BGTeam

Отправить сообщение для  SeadogX с помощью ICQ Отправить сообщение для SeadogX с помощью Skype™

Dear Corsair, you know, maybe it looks strange, but I still want to continue my work on translation consider the fact I have already completed 60% of old version dialogs

2 LordDrow, mate, the problem is that if you would translate anything using just a computer program and don't understand the language by yourself it would be more than bad translation ;)
Старый 23.07.2008, 06:09   #5
Геймер Новичок

SeadogX - I understand that good sir, but if you can get the general info that makes for the important parts of the translation, it is easy enough to re-build the text into something that makes sense to an english speaking player AND can maintain the original spirit of the story.

Example:
Original Russian:
Подумать только, вчера у меня было все: свое судно, корабль, уважение и почёт. . ., но сегодня судьба бросает мне испытание. Вчера Я попал в ужасный шторм, мой корабль чудом уцелел. И все бы ничего, если бы не эти англичане, Я наткнулся на своем израненном штормом корвете на два английских судна. Хм, и вот Я в неволе, нужно выбираться из этой дыры и побыстрее. . .

Initial English Translation(Provided by Google):
Consider only yesterday I had everything: his ship, boat, dignity and honour. . . But today the fate throws me a test. Yesterday I hit the terrible storm, my ship miraculously survived. And all would be nothing if not for these Englishmen, I stumbled upon on his wounded by storm in two British corvette ship. Hr, and here I am in captivity, have to choose from this hole and quickly. . .

My final translation:

Only yesterday, I had everything a captain could want, a ship, the open sea, dignity and honor...But today fickle fate put me to the test. First the incredible storm which near tore the sheets from our masts and left our vessel limping slowly for port, then the English corvettes, two of them over-taking us with ease and putting crew and myself in chains...I must escape this hell-hole, and quickly...

So did I do a decent enough translation, or is that crap?

LordDrow
Старый 23.07.2008, 13:26   #6
BGTeam

Отправить сообщение для  SeadogX с помощью ICQ Отправить сообщение для SeadogX с помощью Skype™

well, the style was changed but i like your job
do you have icq? my number is 234333324, just add me, we will talk about this case
Старый 23.07.2008, 13:27   #7
BGTeam

btw what the program it was? it looks like PROMT would translate this text much worse, but this one was really good
oh, i read it again and understood that even not style, but also details were changed, anyway - as i said - i like it, and anyway, it's better than nothing or than work of one man
about style one more thing - it is rather important part, cuz i want english version the same "emotional" as the original, sadly, as not an english or an american, i can't do it very correct also, but some things like "aye" instead of "yes" will be very good and very needable
well... just find me in icq =)

Последний раз редактировалось SeadogX, 23.07.2008 в 13:35.
Старый 23.07.2008, 20:48   #8
Геймер Новичок

I just went to www.google.com and used the language tools they have there. I've been pulling out individual sections of text, running it through the Russian -> English translation and the rewriting it to make sense in english. Occasionally there are words that show up that have no English equivalent, and those are the words I'll need help with to maitain that emotional state you mention as wanting to maintain.
I feel the same way. I want the story to maintain the same feelings that the russian players got that first time they played through.
I do have an ICQ #, but haven't used it in a long time. I'll see if I can get that up and running and chat with you.
Thanks for the comments and I'll do my best to occasionally show you new translations.
Старый 23.07.2008, 22:48   #9
Геймер Новичок

Here are a couple of examples of words that didn't translate into english so well. Think you can give me a better idea of what these words mean rather than the odd word they became in english?

откажешь = otkazhesh
смекалке = smekalke

Neither of these translated into anything understandable. czc
Старый 24.07.2008, 00:30   #10
BGTeam

Цитата:
Сообщение от LordDrow
Here are a couple of examples of words that didn't translate into english so well. Think you can give me a better idea of what these words mean rather than the odd word they became in english?

откажешь = otkazhesh
смекалке = smekalke

Neither of these translated into anything understandable. czc

откажешь = отказывать = to refuse
смекалке = смекалка = mother wit, sharpness, keenness of wit

LordDrow, I wonder if you could tell me your native county and language, please

P.S. and I'm still waiting for your icq-message ;)

Последний раз редактировалось SeadogX, 24.07.2008 в 00:34.
Ответ