Translating SFS for English - Страница 2 - Игровые Форумы

Игровые Форумы > Проекты BestGamer > Корсары III: Тайны Дальних Морей > English version
-- Translating SFS for English
Ответ

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 27.05.2007, 10:23   #11
Экс Администратор

Отсутствует :(

Отправить сообщение для  Flint с помощью ICQ

Цитата:
hey guys! id love to hop in and translate for you im fluent in russian and english, so if there are vacancies, sign me up!

Its good!

Check PM

Старый 08.06.2007, 20:58   #12
BGTeam

Отправить сообщение для  SeadogX с помощью ICQ Отправить сообщение для SeadogX с помощью Skype™

Hello to english-speaking SFS fanats!
I'm working at translation SFS to english version from SFS team.
If somebody wants to help in something, write in PM or ICQ 234-333-324.

I hope you will play SFS english version ever.
Старый 15.07.2007, 16:09   #13
Новичок

SeadogX, Hi!
I´d like to help with translation cause i´d like to make a good game and play it.
But, some problems:
I can´t speak russian although i´m using a translator.
I can speak spanish and understand english very well, but not always perfectly.
I´m now quite confused with this addon. I´m trying to install it well but no successs yet.

So if i can help in anyway tell me. If you know someone who can help me installing and modding tell me too.

Meanwhile i´ll continue reading in this forum.

Thx for your work.
Старый 16.07.2007, 02:00   #14
BGTeam

Отправить сообщение для  SeadogX с помощью ICQ Отправить сообщение для SeadogX с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
Сообщение от Mumbala
I´m trying to install it well but no successs yet.

mmm... can you say what's the problem exacktly, please?

now i just can advice you to ask about it on piratesahoy.com, there is a SoFS topic (http://www.piratesahoy.com/forum/ind...#entry2 07010), maybe there are have users with same problems.

thanks for your support
Старый 16.07.2007, 20:56   #15
Новичок

Цитата:
Сообщение от SeadogX
mmm... can you say what's the problem exacktly, please?

OK, this is what i've done:

Installed AoP 1.41 in default path
Made Mod directory in other folder with a subdirectory Corsairs3 : ...\MODS\Corsairs3
Patched default game to 1.5 (patch doesn´t allow to choose path)
Copied 1.5 full game to ...\Corsairs3
Executed setuptdm.exe to ...\Corsairs3
Executed k3_addon_tdm_ver_030411.exe to ...\Corsairs3
Executed engine.exe in ...\Corsairs3 ==> Something wrong: Controls are in russian
Changed ...\Corsairs3\RESOURCE\INI\texts\language.ini file from russian default to english default (removing the ;)
Now controls in english, main menu works OK. But when new game started on a ship deck, it says "press F3" "exit locked", and controls don´t work. Exit to desktop with engine error after some key hits.

So i missed or messed something. I have the files Secrets of the Far Seas - 0.1.0201.7z and Secrets of the Far Seas - 0.1.0207 Patch.7z but i thought they were included in setuptdm.exe.

I´d ask/advice to make a sticky post at the beginning of the english forum and update it as new improvements are made, with this information:

What you need to start :

.- Corsairs3 or Aop (really i´m not sure if they are exactly the same) installed (or not) in english version
.- Patch 1.5 installed (or not)in english version
.- If it´s necessary to install it in default path or how can be moved to another folder.
.- If it´s necessary to leave the addon folder default name as it is, ??????? 3 (or not).
.- Starforce removal utility and nocd (or not).

What you need to download from the forum and help to do it :

.- Link to web translator to help registering, and help to deal with the forum. The control buttons aren´t translated by web translator nor can be copied to translate them.
.- Links to last full translated version and updates. This is already done.
.- How to install it with precise instructions.
.- Maybe update the readme and translate splash screens of the installer because they can´t be copied to clipboard to translate.

.- Finally/optionally What you need to download the last not translated versions, if help is needed.

Цитата:
Q. On what version of game Age of Pirates: Carribean Tales to put addon?
A. We recommend on 0.99. Basically it is possible on any, but categorically not recommend to put a top fashion V.9.

After reding this in the FAQ i don´t understand anything.

Now you can make some laughs after seeing how much confused i am.

Sorry for this long post, i think it would really help. I've readen the PAhoy post, but there are 14 pages with someone asking 3d navigation, someone complaining about a phantom virus, someone translating the addon by parts, while people are asking help to solve the quests, and other funny things. If a sticky post is made, it could be posted in both forums.
Старый 16.07.2007, 23:22   #16
BGTeam

Okay-okay-okay, wait

First of all, what's a 1.5 patch and why you install it? For example I even don't know what is it, it looks like it is any english not official patch, so why you try to use it with SoFS, it's absolutely not a same, guys made SoFS in best view on russian patches, not on english. So 1.5 it's lol here (imho).

Next, if F.A.Q. said that you need to install it on 0.99, why are you trying to install it on 1.41?

And finally - I think a big problem can be in your personal changings as
Цитата:
Сообщение от Mumbala
Executed engine.exe in ...\Corsairs3 ==> Something wrong: Controls are in russian
Changed ...\Corsairs3\RESOURCE\INI\texts\language.ini file from russian default to english default (removing the ;)
Now controls in english

these your changings could be trouble really. i understand that you can't play even with russian controls (don't tell about dialogs & texts), but this is why we work on the english version. So, we can say, that we will GUARANTEE a normal game for you only on english version, because it will be 100% addepted to english AoP and other english troubles.
Now it all looks very trouble, isn't it?

P.S.
Цитата:
Сообщение от Mumbala
.- Corsairs3 or Aop (really i´m not sure if they are exactly the same) installed (or not) in english version

It looks lol, but i think we are not sure exacktly too. :D Cuz for example SoFS added on v 0.99, and as I know AoP haven't v 0.99.

In concluding - we are working.
Старый 16.07.2007, 23:26   #17
BGTeam

yeah, P.P.S. - as i said before - please, ask other not russians on piratesahoy.com, cuz some of them have already play it and they can better advice you what do you need for best installing (that's again because we are don't know good about english patches).
Try it.
Ответ