Work on the English Translation... - Страница 2 - Игровые Форумы

Игровые Форумы > Проекты BestGamer > Корсары III: Тайны Дальних Морей > English version
-- Work on the English Translation...
Ответ

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 24.07.2008, 02:19   #11
Геймер Новичок

Отсутствует :(

Цитата:
Сообщение от SeadogX
LordDrow, I wonder if you could tell me your native county and language, please

P.S. and I'm still waiting for your icq-message ;)

I'm American and my native language is English. I'm at work right now and haven't been able to sneak past our security here, so I'll have to wait until I'm home to install a new copy of ICQ and give you a shout-out.
Старый 24.07.2008, 02:31   #12
BGTeam

Отправить сообщение для  SeadogX с помощью ICQ Отправить сообщение для SeadogX с помощью Skype™

oh, okay then sorry me if i'm bad in grammar sometimes. By the way it's very good that you are nativespeaker, it means you will be able to explain and to recommend some best variants of language style, cuz we need real "caribbean english"
Старый 24.07.2008, 02:58   #13
Геймер Новичок

I'd say your grammar isn't all to bad. I've had friends all over the world, many that when I first met them on-line 'spoke' (typed) very broken English. Just like anything, practice makes perfect.
I'm about to leave work now. When I get home, I'll install ICQ and get logged in. I believe my ICQ number is 27-77-695.
Chat with you later tonight!
Старый 25.07.2008, 04:10   #14
Геймер Новичок

Something I've realized while working on the written translation is that I'm going to need written versions of all the custom audio files you folks have done so I can put in english language versions. Thats the only way I'd really consider it a proper english translation. As well as maintaining the proper atmosphere you have in the game.
If someone could work on a file list with text of what was said in native russian, that would be terrific.
Thanks!
LordDrow
Старый 25.07.2008, 13:56   #15
BGTeam

Отправить сообщение для  SeadogX с помощью ICQ Отправить сообщение для SeadogX с помощью Skype™

sadly, i didn't understand your last post, what audio do you mean? first of all we should complete the dialogues in text version, i'll give you part of them, when you meet me in icq and you'll complete them, then return to me and then i'll give you the plan of futher work

and don't forget that there will be a lot of new dialogues and other things in 1.0 russian release, so we'll have to translate it too, maybe Corsair will give me 1.0 dialogues before the release, then it'll be faster.

finally, I think we should work with aim to release SoFS 1.0 English Version to the winter holidays and better of all to the New Year, so release should be somewhere about 25-31 of December 2008.

also it's important to understand that English 1.0 will be different from Russian 1.0, perhaps there we would even have a few new dialogues and quests.

Последний раз редактировалось SeadogX, 25.07.2008 в 14:03.
Старый 25.07.2008, 19:01   #16
Геймер Новичок

Sound good. I've just been working on my own on the dialogue files. I look forward to actually chatting with you regarding the work. My local time is -6 GMT - I work from 8am until at least 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Hope to see you there tonight sometime!
Старый 26.07.2008, 01:32   #17
BGTeam

damn, it looks like we have a big problem of difference between our time zones, i think the only chance to meet each other online it is if you are online at your night about 0 or 1 hours a.m., it will be my morning, about 9 or 10 a.m., so there we can meet ) because now i have 0:23 and you just 14:23 as i understand, so even if i will wait to 3 hours of night you would still have 17 hours and you are at work or moving home...

i'll spent this weekend in the country (i mean dacha, summer cottage), so i'd have icq only in my mobile phone and even if you find me there, it'll be difficult to speak, so i propose to try this YOUR-NIGHT-MY-MORNING meeting on my monday's morning, so for you it will be sunday's late evening and beginning of monday.

P.S. i have never worked with guy from the US, but i hope we'll find the way out, your help will be really useful
Старый 28.07.2008, 05:10   #18
Геймер Новичок

I've just been busy translating away. So far all the work has been just getting the program translated text into place. The next step once I've finished all of that will be to go back through and re-edit all the text into grammatically correct entlish that I am hoping will do a real good job of maintaining the feeling in your original story.
Below is a list of various words that just don't translate into english very well. I'll post more as I find them later.
рому = Roma
рома = Roma
тупость = tupost
Молодец = Молодец
мойму = moymu
поживаешь = pozhivaesh
потрепаться = potrepatsya
кружечкой = kruzhechkoy
девки = devki ? Not sure if these are even the equivalents
четырехствольный = chetyrehstvolny
чарке = charka
Забористый = Zaboristy
промочим = promochim
трактирщик = traktirschik
Минутку = Minutko
Успокойтесь = Uspokoytes
прохудился = ?
лоханка = lohanka
неряхой = neryahoy
Опомнись = Opomnis
трещит = treschit
УБЬЮ = UBYU
кораболём = korabolem
прекрастный = prekrastny
Старый 28.07.2008, 11:54   #19
BGTeam

Цитата:
Сообщение от LordDrow
Below is a list of various words that just don't translate into english very well. I'll post more as I find them later.
рому = Roma
рома = Roma
тупость = tupost
Молодец = Молодец
мойму = moymu
поживаешь = pozhivaesh
потрепаться = potrepatsya
кружечкой = kruzhechkoy
девки = devki ? Not sure if these are even the equivalents
четырехствольный = chetyrehstvolny
чарке = charka
Забористый = Zaboristy
промочим = promochim
трактирщик = traktirschik
Минутку = Minutko
Успокойтесь = Uspokoytes
прохудился = ?
лоханка = lohanka
неряхой = neryahoy
Опомнись = Opomnis
трещит = treschit
УБЬЮ = UBYU
кораболём = korabolem
прекрастный = prekrastny

yea, russian cases are difficult to understant for foreighner don't worry, I'll show you the way through this forest

and here we go:

рому = ром = rum
рома = ром = rum
тупость = dullness, stupidity
молодец = attaboy!, goodman!, well done!
моему, it's from по-моему = in my opinion, to my mind
поживаешь = well, for example "как поживаешь?" means "how do you do"?, literally it means "live"
потрепаться = well... 1) it can mean "be worn out", "get worn out" 2) it can mean "chat", "jabber"
кружечкой = this is diminutive from "кружка", means "cannikin", as i understand it's the diminutive from "mug"
девки = plural from "wench", "girl", "maid", a bit more rude than just a "girl" (well as i understand "wench" is the best here)
четырехствольный - quadruple (four barrels gun)
чарке = чарка = cup
забористый = strong, pungent
промочим = drench, soak
трактирщик = tavern-keeper (it looks like in Age of Pirates they usually use "barman")
минутку = just a minute, one minute
успокойтесь = calm down, become quiet
прохудился = be worn out
лоханка = oh, I don't know, you should know better, but it means contemptuous name of a ship, smth like "tub"
неряхой = неряха = sloven
опомнись = regain consciousness, come round
трещит = crack; crackle if it is about items, also it can be chatting or jabber
убью = kill
кораблем = ship (by the ship)
прекрасный = beatiful, wonderful

a few last words were written with a mistake, maybe it was the reason why you were not able to find the translation

P.S. Корс, ошибки чистить надо в 1.0, вот из-за "прекрасТных" человек перевести не может
Старый 28.07.2008, 15:16   #20
BGTeam

In version 0.8.0225 there are spelling and syntactic mistakes at offers. From it some words it is simply impossible to translate into English language. It will be corrected in the following version "SoFS". Besides it at quests there are small picturesque words which as cause difficulties in translation because they are not dictionary. In the English version to you will have to think out it equivalents. I consider, that translation will be reduced to copying a part of dialogues that in English they were as are interesting and effective, as sound in Russian.

Successes! I Hope, that in other English-speaking countries our game as is pleasant to fans of piracy sagas.

Ответ